Last Updated: February 4, 2022
This Policy is written in the English language. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any translated versions of this Policy. To the extent that any translated versions of this Policy conflict with the English language version, the English language version of this Policy shall control.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
BioPro may collect certain personal identifiable information through a variety of means and sources about users who visit, submit information through or otherwise use the BioPro website or services. We collect such information in the following manners: (1) information provided to us by you; (2) information obtained through registration; (3) patient information submitted by others on your behalf; (4) information collected through technology; (5) information provided by others; and (6) information from other websites.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Much of the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from users who are interested in signing up with the Services or obtaining information from and/or setting up an appointment using the Services we offer
Much of the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from users who are interested in obtaining information on the products or services we offer. We collect personal information when you (or someone on your behalf):
- Create or modify your account;
- Register to use our services;
- Submit a form through the BioPro website;
- Submit information to us via email, telephone;
- Complete an assessment or quiz;
- Register for a newsletter, webinar, or event;
- Submit a patient testimonial or post comments on the BioPro website;
- Request information from us;
- Contact customer support; or
- Otherwise communicate with us.
REGISTRATION AND PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
You may engage in certain transactions without submitting completed inquiry or request forms or emails through our website. In such cases, we may gather personally identifiable information, such as your computer’s IP address.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM OTHERS
INFORMATION ON OTHER WEBSITES
The BioPro website may contain links to third-party owned or operated websites, including, without limitation, social media websites (each a “Linked Site“), as a convenient method of accessing information that may be useful or of interest to you. This Policy and the practices that we follow under this Policy do not apply to Linked Sites. BioPro is not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed on any Linked Site or for the privacy practices or security standards used by third parties on such Linked Sites. These Linked Sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and we have no responsibility or liability relating to them.
The BioPro website may not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads.
HOW IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION USED?
We will never rent, sell, disseminate or share personal information about you with non-affiliated companies or third parties, except when we have your permission or under the circumstances set forth in detail below.
Personally identifiable information collected may be shared with contractors, business partners, healthcare professionals and service providers. The information collected may be used by these parties for several purposes including:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our services;
- To enable communication between you and a healthcare professional
- To help find a healthcare professional;
- To help determine if you are a candidate for our products/services;
- To send promotional offers and advertisements offered by BioPro or third parties;
- To communicate with you, and provide you information about our products/services;
- To operate and improve our website or services;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports, including for our internal product improvement and sharing with third parties with which we have an agreement;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected; and
- To respond to questions or comments pertaining to our website, products or services.
BioPro may also contract with a third party to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. Website tracking services help websites to measure the effectiveness of advertising and how visitors use a website through the use of web beacons and cookies provided by such company. The type of information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the pages visited and links clicked by users. By supplementing our records, this information would help us to learn things such as what pages are most useful and attractive to our visitors and which of our tools and information most interest our visitors. Although the third party company would log the information coming from our website on our behalf, we would control how that data may and may not be used.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
BioPro may share or disclose your personal information for the following limited purposes:
- Healthcare Providers. We share your personal information with healthcare providers to provide you with services related to your diagnosis and treatment.
- Vendors and Services Providers. We may provide information to third party vendors and service providers that perform services and functions on our behalf to help us operate and manage our website and deliver services. These vendors and service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide our services and support our interactions with you.
- Your Consent to Have Your Personal Information Shared. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of BioPro when we have your consent to do so.
- Legal Disclosure. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, where permitted by applicable law; (b) respond to your requests; (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you, any property that belongs to any professional entity rendering services in relation to the BioPro website, and/or the BioPro website itself; or (d) will help to enforce any of our applicable policies.
- Operational Uses. We may also use your personal information for “Operational Uses,” such as to complete transactions requested by you (for example, your purchase of our Service) or to send you administrative communications.
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the Account section of our Site. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can email us at email@example.com.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Please keep in mind that any opt-out choices you make will not apply in situations where: (a) you either have made, simultaneously make or later make a specific request for information from BioPro’s website; (b) BioPro uses your personal information for “Operational Uses” (as described above); or (c) BioPro collects your personally identifiable information under any of the provisions above.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical, electronic, and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. For example, we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be advised, however, that while we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. BioPro cannot guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will be wholly prevented from improperly collecting, accessing, or modifying your personal information. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information, including your username and password. Additionally, please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our website are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The BioPro website is not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 18. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor’s use of the website and/or any Services. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through Company or its website for the minor.
If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at this website, engage our services, or provide any personal information about yourself to us. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Attn: Website Manager
2929 Lapeer Road
Port Huron, MI 48060
SPECIAL NOTE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address and the type of services provided to that customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In compliance with California law, we provide California residents such information and access upon request (“Consumer Request“). This Policy outlines how California residents can request the information and what you can receive.
If you would like to submit a Consumer Request, you can contact BioPro at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can request information by writing to us at:
Attn: Website Manager
2929 Lapeer Road
Port Huron, MI 48060
If you choose to submit a Consumer Request, you must provide us with enough information to identify you and enough specificity on the requested data. BioPro will only use the information it receives to respond to your request. BioPro will not be able to disclose information if it cannot verify that the person making the Consumer Request is the person about whom we collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
We will respond to such written requests within thirty (30) days following receipt at the mailing address or e-mail address above. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the e-mail address specified above or as otherwise exempted by law. “Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. “Personal information” does not include publicly available information.
Request to Access. You may submit a Consumer Request to obtain a copy of or access to the personal information that BioPro has collected on you.
Request to Know. You may submit a Consumer Request to receive information about BioPro’s data collection practices. You may request information on the categories of personal information (as defined by California law) BioPro has collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; BioPro’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom BioPro shares personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that the categories of personal information and sources will not exceed what is contained in this Policy. Additionally, BioPro is not required to retain any information about you if it is only used for a one-time transaction and would not be maintained in the ordinary course of business. BioPro is also not required to reidentify personal information if it is not stored in that manner already, nor is it required to provide the personal information to you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
If you would like to know if BioPro has disclosed information about you to specific third parties, you may e-mail us to receive information about the categories of information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may receive the names and addresses of those third parties, and you may request this information for the year prior to your request. Note that these particular requests may only be made once per calendar year. Additionally, please be aware that only sharing activities covered by California law will be included in our response to your request.
Request to Delete. You may request that BioPro delete your personal information. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Consumer Request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
BioPro may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your Consumer Request activity. As a result of your Consumer Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you; charge different rates for goods or services; provide a different level quality of goods or services; or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information
SPECIAL NOTE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
BioPro does not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties. However, if you are a resident of Nevada and would like to submit a request not to sell your personally identifiable information, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS
Our website is hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the website and/or any of our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the website, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. Further, you acknowledge that your continued use of the website and our services is governed by U.S. law and regulation, this Policy and our Terms of Service.
4867-8389-2748, v. 2