The BioPro® Clover Staple™ is a 3-leg and 4-leg nitinol memory-alloy staple specifically designed for four corner fusions and other limited wrist fusions in cases of carpal instability, Scaphoid Nonunion Advanced Collapse (SNAC), and Scapholunate Advanced Collapse (SLAC). The Clover Staple™ activates at patient body temperature, providing dynamic, centralized compression designed to speed up the fusion process.
- Engineered to allow surgeons to use a single device and streamlined dorsal approach in intercarpal fusions, leaving the articular surfaces undisturbed.
- 1mm profile and specially designed instrumentation allow the staples to sit flush, preventing dorsal impingement and maximizing motion.
- Open center design to allow visualization of the fusion site.
- The patented clover shape allows the entire staple to compress, not just the legs, pulling all the bones towards the center of the fusion site.
- Activated at the patient’s body temperature, the staple will compress, creating 4-6 lbs of compressive force.*