The BioPro Memory Staple is a 2-leg nitinol memory-alloy staple designed for bone fixation in the hand and foot. The unique S-Bend bridge of the Memory Staple ensures even compression across the fusion site while maintaining a low profile against the bone. The Memory Staple is individually sterile packaged and available in 17 standard sizes. The packaging features a color coding system that coordinates staple leg size with drill diameter.
- Dynamic compressive forces that increase over time allow the staple to adapt to changes in joint, fracture, or osteotomy site due to resorption, movement or bone remodeling.1
- S-Bridge design ensures even compression across the fusion site while maintaining a low profile against the bone.
- Easy to use instrumentation for fast and direct visual insertion.
- Body-heat activated design offers delayed compression, ensuring proper seating and positioning of the staple prior to compression.
A comprehensive system.
The Memory Staple is available in 17 standard sizes with varying bridge widths, leg lengths, and wire sizes, allowing fixation in most hand or foot procedures. BioPro offers one of the smallest nitinol staples on the market at 7x5mm, which is ideal for DIP and PIP fusions.
Find My Rep
- T.J. Chang and B.D. Overley, “An In Vitro Comparative Study of Screw and Nitinol Staple Compression: A Model Showing Active ‘Dynamic’ Compression,” Presented at the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 65th Annual Scientific Conference, Orlando, FL, March 2007.