Digital Compression Screw
The Digital Compression Screw (D.C.S.) is a solid, stainless steel screw specifically designed to address digital fusions. The 1.5mm and 1.8mm diameters range from 20mm to 55mm in length, allowing for fusion of the DIPJ, PIPJ, or both. The Digital Compression Screw features a .9mm or 1mm shaft diameter with either 1.5mm or 1.8mm threads for a lag screw design. Our unique over-drilling technique allows compression and easy removal post-fusion.
- Lag design combined with a unique over-drilling technique allows for compression across the fusion site
- Threads purchase into cortical bone, improving stability and reducing the chance of rotation or residual flexion
- Unlike intramedullary fixation devices, the DCS allows for fusion of both the DIPJ and PIPJ reducing the chance of mallet toe
- Buried beneath the skin, it allows for patients to wear a stiff-soled postoperative shoe
- Designed for simple in-office screw removal post fusion